I promised I’d be back with a recipe for these things, and here I am, attempting to ignore the shame I feel inside. As far as cake mix cookies go, I do feel like these are pretty good, and here’s the thing: no one ever needs to know you made these from cake mix. Just don’t tell them. When people rave and swoon and otherwise go on and on about how your cookies taste incredible and how talented a baker you are, just smile and say thank you and know that you’re basically committing some sort of horrific crime against scratch baking. Continue reading →Pin It
Hello there; I'm Shannon, and welcome to A Periodic Table. I'm happy you're here.
So now that I've mastered Facebook and Twitter (and by "mastered," i mean I can operate them without accidentally shutting something down or getting my account suspended), I've taken up Instagram. I've always had a personal one, but that one is filled with three years of randomness and a lot of baby photos, so I thought it was time to set up a professional one. Follow along if you enjoy random photos of food, occcasional life, and party things.
As always, if you'd like to email me, please do so at aperiodictable [at] yahoo [dot] com. I do my best to get back to you quickly, especially if you sound like you're in the middle of a high-stakes baking crisis/meltdown. I understand those on a personal level, and i'll do my best to assist.
December 29, 2011 · 59 Comments
December 14, 2013 · 56 Comments
February 13, 2014 · 53 Comments
November 10, 2013 · 53 Comments
January 25, 2013 · 51 Comments
September 17, 2014 · 3 Comments
September 14, 2014 · 4 Comments
September 11, 2014 · 7 Comments
September 6, 2014 · 8 Comments
September 2, 2014 · 11 Comments
- Ashley: TOAST! I love it. Of course I love it. It's toast + you + bacon + yum...
- Brianne: Kevin is already all over pumpkin coffee. Not the kind with cream and ...
- Willow @ Will Cook For Friends: Stuff on toast is always the best, isn't it? That white bean puree is ...
- Jennie @themessybakerblog: You throw the best parties ever! Now I want my name written in yarn fo...
- Jennie @themessybakerblog: All cookies should incorporate cereal. The end....
- crispy kale + bacon toasts with lemony white bean puree.
- happy wedding, natalie!
- fruity pebble sables.
- tutorial: pink momofuku birthday cake and lollipop cookies.
- feast magazine, september 2014: prickly pear margarita cookies.
- you’re invited: the wee one’s birthday party, 2014.
- vanilla malt bundt cake.
- Things on a Plate: fig-pecan-molasses or apricot-pistachio-honey salad plates.
- feast magazine, august 2014: guava-pineapple paletas with coconut vanilla-infused cream.
- candy bars [made from healthy things.]