I promised I’d be back with a recipe for these things, and here I am, attempting to ignore the shame I feel inside. As far as cake mix cookies go, I do feel like these are pretty good, and here’s the thing: no one ever needs to know you made these from cake mix. Just don’t tell them. When people rave and swoon and otherwise go on and on about how your cookies taste incredible and how talented a baker you are, just smile and say thank you and know that you’re basically committing some sort of horrific crime against scratch baking. Continue reading →Pin It
Hello there; I'm Shannon, and welcome to A Periodic Table. I'm happy you're here.
So now that I've mastered Facebook and Twitter (and by "mastered," i mean I can operate them without accidentally shutting something down or getting my account suspended), I've taken up Instagram. I've always had a personal one, but that one is filled with three years of randomness and a lot of baby photos, so I thought it was time to set up a professional one. Follow along if you enjoy random photos of food, occcasional life, and party things.
As always, if you'd like to email me, please do so at aperiodictable [at] yahoo [dot] com. I do my best to get back to you quickly, especially if you sound like you're in the middle of a high-stakes baking crisis/meltdown. I understand those on a personal level, and i'll do my best to assist.
December 29, 2011 · 58 Comments
November 10, 2013 · 53 Comments
October 17, 2013 · 49 Comments
March 7, 2013 · 46 Comments
January 25, 2013 · 46 Comments
December 3, 2013 · 11 Comments
November 25, 2013 · 25 Comments
November 23, 2013 · 26 Comments
November 21, 2013 · 19 Comments
November 14, 2013 · 40 Comments
- Sarah @ The Cook's Life: I have never had a chestnut. But now I want to try one. Especially a c...
- Brianne: IS IT SNOWING ON YOUR WEBSITE?!?! Oh my gosh, I can't even contain my ...
- Jennie @themessybakerblog: I think coating things in chocolate is always a good choice, and pairi...
- Monica: I just love the "snow" going on here! : ) As a huge chestnut-lover, ...
- Abbe@This is How I Cook: You are right Shannon-this is one food I haven't had and always wonder...
- feast magazine, december 2013: marrons glace chocolate cups.
- cranberry + grapefruit sorbet.
- white chocolate sweet + salty snack mix, momofuku’d.
- oatmeal cookie pies + ginger coconut filling.
- the just one question project: question one.
- cranberry + orange milk crumb cookies (a spin on the momofuku blueberries + cream cookies.)
- a new blog series announcement + random thoughts.
- feast magazine, november 2013: lamb, kale, + sweet potato chili [with a vegetarian option.].
- almond cupcakes with chocolate ganache + a word about ice cream parties.
- butternut squash + sweet potato soup.