I promised I’d be back with a recipe for these things, and here I am, attempting to ignore the shame I feel inside. As far as cake mix cookies go, I do feel like these are pretty good, and here’s the thing: no one ever needs to know you made these from cake mix. Just don’t tell them. When people rave and swoon and otherwise go on and on about how your cookies taste incredible and how talented a baker you are, just smile and say thank you and know that you’re basically committing some sort of horrific crime against scratch baking. Continue reading →Pin It
Hello there; I'm Shannon, and welcome to A Periodic Table. I'm happy you're here.
So now that I've mastered Facebook and Twitter (and by "mastered," i mean I can operate them without accidentally shutting something down or getting my account suspended), I've taken up Instagram. I've always had a personal one, but that one is filled with three years of randomness and a lot of baby photos, so I thought it was time to set up a professional one. Follow along if you enjoy random photos of food, occcasional life, and party things.
As always, if you'd like to email me, please do so at aperiodictable [at] yahoo [dot] com. I do my best to get back to you quickly, especially if you sound like you're in the middle of a high-stakes baking crisis/meltdown. I understand those on a personal level, and i'll do my best to assist.
December 29, 2011 · 59 Comments
December 14, 2013 · 56 Comments
February 13, 2014 · 53 Comments
November 10, 2013 · 53 Comments
January 25, 2013 · 51 Comments
April 15, 2014 · 13 Comments
April 8, 2014 · 16 Comments
April 2, 2014 · 26 Comments
March 25, 2014 · 41 Comments
March 12, 2014 · 44 Comments
- Wendy: Wow, Shannon! That is a beautiful loaf of bread! I am so in awe! I ha...
- Deb: Oh my! That is a glorious bread! I can almost smell the lush aromas as...
- Willow @Will Cook For Friends: P.S., can I just say this is the best line ever written in a recipe ev...
- movita beaucoup: This makes me miss making bread. Is it weird that I've graduated as a ...
- Monica: This bread is so beautiful! I'd be content to just look at it...not s...
- tsoureki! [greek easter bread.]
- spring vegetable salad + miso tahini dressing. also, a wee book review.
- feast magazine, april 2014: jerusalem artichoke + sundried tomato spread.
- The New York Times chocolate chip cookie.
- the just one question project: question five.
- feast magazine, march 2014: cheese-filled pannenkoeken + lemon-blueberry sauce.
- [virtuous] fig + millet donuts.
- cookie throwdown: bouchon boxed mix vs. cookbook.
- feast magazine, february 2014 [part two]: spicy peanut gochujang cookies.
- feast magazine, february 2014 [part one]: black walnuts.