I promised I’d be back with a recipe for these things, and here I am, attempting to ignore the shame I feel inside. As far as cake mix cookies go, I do feel like these are pretty good, and here’s the thing: no one ever needs to know you made these from cake mix. Just don’t tell them. When people rave and swoon and otherwise go on and on about how your cookies taste incredible and how talented a baker you are, just smile and say thank you and know that you’re basically committing some sort of horrific crime against scratch baking. Continue reading →Pin It
Hello there; I'm Shannon, and welcome to A Periodic Table. I'm happy you're here.
So now that I've mastered Facebook and Twitter (and by "mastered," i mean I can operate them without accidentally shutting something down or getting my account suspended), I've taken up Instagram. I've always had a personal one, but that one is filled with three years of randomness and a lot of baby photos, so I thought it was time to set up a professional one. Follow along if you enjoy random photos of food, occcasional life, and party things.
As always, if you'd like to email me, please do so at aperiodictable [at] yahoo [dot] com. I do my best to get back to you quickly, especially if you sound like you're in the middle of a high-stakes baking crisis/meltdown. I understand those on a personal level, and i'll do my best to assist.
December 29, 2011 · 70 Comments
December 14, 2013 · 56 Comments
February 13, 2014 · 53 Comments
November 10, 2013 · 53 Comments
January 25, 2013 · 53 Comments
April 22, 2015 · 9 Comments
March 31, 2015 · 7 Comments
feast magazine, april 2015: bitter greens salad with grape molasses-rosemary vinaigrette and grape molasses-candied walnuts.March 27, 2015 · 11 Comments
March 23, 2015 · 21 Comments
March 18, 2015 · 23 Comments
- natalie @ wee eats: this salad is seriously in.sane. you're like the mother-freakin salad ...
- Brianne: Wow, what an awesome sounding vinaigrette! Everyone gets a break now a...
- Monica: Love the mix-and-match and all the thought you put behind this! So mu...
- Monica: Wheat beer vinaigrette certainly got my attention. No doubt, this is ...
- Willow @ Will Cook For Friends: Oh, man... moving! So many people I know are moving right now, too. It...
- farmhouse salad with wheat beer vinaigrette.
- Feast magazine feature article: Taste of the Exotic.
- feast magazine, april 2015: bitter greens salad with grape molasses-rosemary vinaigrette and grape molasses-candied walnuts.
- dark chocolate-cornflake marshmallow treats.
- just [tiny] vanilla donut cakes.
- black pepper + tipsy cheddar cornbread.
- braised collard greens with thai flavors.
- feast magazine, march 2015: rainbow noodle bowl with amaranth leaves and spicy peanut dressing.
- sticky bun ice cream with cinnamon-pecan swirl and a new series; the Jeni’s Spinalong!
- you’re invited: academy awards party 2015.