Happy Wedding Day, Natalie! You’re marrying the person you love the most today. The person who buys you tiny animal erasers and owl things, who plays potentially embarrassing video games with you, and encourages you to buy $40 worth of donuts at one time. That’s awesome; hard to find, certainly.
You have these dolls in your possession now. They were made in your image – and with love – by my mom (groom) and Rachael/Movita Beaucoup (bride). They were meticulously crafted (I have emails which can attest exactly how much thought was put into these) and flew across countries to get to you, briefly stopping here only so I could snap a few photos. I know you’ll keep them safe. They are our gift to you on what will be your best day ever.
Here are my wishes for you on this day:
- I hope your hair and makeup goes really well: I know you’re a little nervous about that, so I’m hoping it turns out just perfectly. It’s beach hair, after all, so I’m sure it’ll look amazing. Don’t let them put 2,383 things on your face, either: the train really starts to go of the tracks when they want to put a primer AND a “sealer” and also some sort of finishing powder on your face. Draw the line somewhere. You want to look more “Natalie” and less “dolled-up Liza Minelli.”
- I hope no one spills anything on your dress. If they do: club soda for the dress, champagne for you. All stains come out.
- I checked the weather where you are already, and all I see is a row of suns, which means I don’t have to say I hope it doesn’t rain, because poof: wish = granted. and not even that hot! You have nothing to worry about there.
- I hope Sarah Chang cries a LOT. Tell her I said that. MUCH TEARS. WOW JOY.
- I hope no one sets fire to anything. Honestly, I’ve seen this happen at weddings, because votive candles + drinking at receptions = accidental pyrotechnics. Never a good scene, and it’s like you know before it happens that it’s actually going to happen to specific people. Single those guests out and hawk-eye them.
- Most of all, I hope you do what I did on my own wedding day and just constantly remind yourself to document it in your head somehow. Don’t let it blow past. Make photographs with your brain and for once, don’t worry about making sure everyone has a good time: they are having a good time simply because they are there with you. So sit back, take it in, and enjoy it.
- Also, I want photos. ALL the photos.
You’ll be amazing today. *hugs*